HBM-CTA Red Line Station at 95th St-converted
95th Street Terminal Improvement Project
Design Services, Construction Phase Services
Chicago Transit Authority
Project Contact (Prime)
Moussa A. Issa, PhD, PE, SEProject Manager (708) 236-0900
WSPAhmad Hammad, PhD, PE, SE(312) 803-651830 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 4200Chicago, IL 60602
Key Team Members
Moussa A. Issa, Project ManagerJoseph Glennon, Senior EngineerMahmoud A. Issa, Senior EngineerLisa A. Buntin, Structural Staff EngineerJohn Saraceno, Structural Staff EngineerStoyanka Kotorokova, Structural Staf
Field Inspection/Investigation and Conceptual Design Validation; Preliminary Design; Final Design; Construction Phase Services
Description of Project
Chicago Transit Authority’s (CTA) 95th Street Terminal Improvement Project will provide a major replacement and expansion of the existing 95th Street Bus and Rail Terminal. The proposed improvements include removal of the existing terminal north of 95th St. and construction of a new bus terminal facilities to the north and south of 95th Street, new bus berthing areas, new pedestrian bridges over the northbound and southbound Dan Ryan Expressway, reconstructing and widening of the existing 95th St. Bridge and existing CTA North Bus Bridge over the Dan Ryan Expressway. Construction will be staged to allow for the existing 95th Station to remain operational during construction.
Parsons Brinckerhoff (PB)(now WSP)as the General Engineering Consultant (GEC or Consultant) under contract with CTA will serve as the project’s Designer of Record (DoR). HBM Engineering Group, LLC (HBM) will perform the following structural services as sub-consultant to PB.
Description of Scope of Work:
- Provided civil and drainage QA/QC support for advanced package design
- Provided constructions support reviewing shop drawings for reinforcement of retaining wall and request for information.
- Assisted PB in validating the design assumption embodied in the design documents.
- Performed structural field inspection of CTA North Bus Bridge and existing Dan Ryan Retaining East and West retaining walls within the limits of the project.
- Prepare Final Design Plans, Specification for repair and reconstruction of existing east and west retaining walls along Dan Ryan. Reconstruction and widening of the existing CTA 95th St. North Bus Bridge. Design of new retaining walls associated with the new station.
- Provide project management support for advanced package design
The HBM team’s responsibilities included bridge inspection services, field measurements, load rating, plan preparation, and preparation of rating report.