Phase I, II & III
Key Team Members
Lisa Buntin, Structural EngineerJohn Saraceno, Staff Engineer
The role of HBM in this project included design of all structural elements, production of structural drawings and specifications, review of shop drawings, coordination and field visits during the construction process.
- Investigate the interior layout and existing accessories (sink, toilet, shower) of the bathroom to accommodate independent wheelchair use as per ADA guidelines.
- Investigate the existing house structure and surrounding land for the viability of constructing an addition to the house for a new bedroom and family room.
- Evaluate accessibility from the child’s bedroom to the bathroom.
- Consider additional issues that are impacted by recommended investigation.
- Establish specifications on which to base future bids for recommended home modifications.
Selected Project Locations:
- 9750 S. Leavitt St. Chicago, IL
- 8117 Castleberry Drive, Woodstock, IL
- 10128 Bennington Drive, Huntley, IL
- 5038 179th Street Country Club Hills, IL
- 1704 Shawnee Trail Northbrook, IL
- 11750 Graystone Circle, Roscoe IL